Reminder to self... do as I tell my students .. compose in notepad then past in on-line .. grrrrrrrrr (bearing teeth),
If I find them I will add them to this page.....
Hallelujah! I have just found the pdf from the slides and the transcript from the discussions in the #ocTEL resources. I can rebuild my notes :-)
Thinking points were!
- Course development time = 420 hrs
- "We need to understand the pedagogical benefits and teacher time costs of online HE"
- "What are the new digital pedagogies that will address the 1:25 student support conundrum?"
- "How do we innovate, test, and build the evidence for what works at scale online?"
- "Scaling up will never improve the per-student support costs… unless we invent some new pedagogies"
- Big challenges Cultural, management, Economic, Strategic, Creative and Technical!
- "Teachers are the engine of innovation."
Further reading The New Media Consortium (2012) Horizon Project Short List: 2013 K-12. http://www.nmc.org/pdf/2013-horizon-k12-shortlist.pdf